Spohn Performance 399 - Spohn Adj. Torque Arm - Trans. Mounted 1993-02 Camaro V8. Full length transmission mounted adjustable torque arm for the 1982-2002 F-Body.
Replace your flimsy factory torque arm with a durable Spohn tubular version and put the power where it belongs - the pavement! Built from 1.25 x .120 tubing with a heavy-duty 3/8 rear mounting bracket. Bolts directly in place of factory torque arm using all factory mounting locations. Requires no welding or drilling and clears all factory or aftermarket exhausts. Equipped with an adjuster for changing pinion angle and a new, low deflection polyurethane front bushing.
If you want serious performance, handling, and traction when you're at the dragstrip, AutoX, or road racing; then you need a Spohn Performance fully adjustable torque arm, here's what it'll do:
- Attaches to the rear axle and controls rear end torque during acceleration, transferring this energy into the tires, increasing straight line traction
- Reduces nose-dive during braking
- Eliminates wheelhop
- Increases sidebite during corner exit acceleration
- Bolt-on system does not require complete interior removal as with other kits
- No fabrication, welding or drilling required - 100% bolt-in installation!
- Provides adjustable pinion angle
* Shipping Notes: Please note FREE Shipping refers to shipping within the contiguous contential US. All other locations extra. If your order will be delayed you will be notified via email the estimated shipping date.
- Constructed of 1.25 o.d. x .120 wall DOM (drawn over mandrel) seamless mild steel tubing
- Front stub of torque arm is reinforced by TIG welding a piece of 1 solid 4140 chrome moly into the i.d. of the front snub. This is the strongest transmission mounted torque arm on the market = bullet-proof!
- TIG welded 4130 chrome moly threaded tube adapters
- Heavy-duty 3/8 thick steel rear housing mounting plates
- Polyurethane bushing front mount for minimal road noise
- Grade 8 mounting hardware is supplied
- Front torque arm polyurethane bushing mount allows for fore and aft travel, as well as free rotational travel for bind-free performance
- Rear of torque arm mounts to the 3/8 thick steel rear housing mounting plates via two 3/4-16 NFT x 5/8 bore x 7/8 thick solid steel rod ends. These are solid rod ends, not spherical bearing rod ends, so noise is of no concern. Grade 8 - 5/8 bolts and 5/8 nylock nuts are supplied.
- Integral Pinion Angle Adjuster between the bottom rear solid rod end and the bottom rear torque arm tube allows for easy pinion angle adjustment. A simple turn of the wrench will give you 6 degrees of pinion angle adjustment, it's that simple.
- Entire package is a complete bolt-in assembly using existing mounting points on the vehicle. No drilling or welding is required!
- This is a proven product being run on some of the fastest F-Bodies in the country!
- Rear mounting bracket is designed to fit on the OEM rear or an aftermarket 12 bolt or Ford 9 rear
- Available powder coated red or black.
About Spohn Performance
History and information about Spohn Performance and their products.
Spohn Performance commits itself to the design and manufacture of chassis and suspension systems that deliver the highest level of quality, performance, attention to detail, and value.
With over 20 Years of Experience Spohn Performance's goal is to construct quality high performance components, and offer them to consumers at a fair price. Our entire operation revolves around that key word: Quality. We don't just say it, we practice it; all day, every day. When we do something, we do it right, or we don't do it! Our attention to detail is what has built our solid reputation, and will be the reason for our continued growth and success.
Spohn Performance 399 Torque Arm Review(s)
Reviews for Spohn Performance 399 (the item on this page) are show below.
torque arm, Date: 10/15/2010
Ownership: 1 week - 1 month
This torque arm is far better then the stock arm. I had to replace the stock because it cracked and bent. When getting this spohn arm you can clearly tell why it's so much better then the stock one. Even if your car is stock its far to dangerous to run with the factory torque arm. In fact I'd say its life threatening. Oh! and I did notice an improvement in cornering.
magnaflow catback exhaust, pacesetter LT headers with y-pipe, slp cold intake, spohn adj torque arm
Spohn Performance Review(s):
Reviews for Spohn Performance's Other products are show below.
Spohn 2010-11 Camaro Front & Rear Tubular Sway Bars Set No body roll
, Date: 6/20/2015
By: SS demon
Ownership: 1 month - 1 year
Easy install, recommend a lift. You will need to jack up the engine, the old front sway bar wouldn''t come out so we had to cut it in half. New front sway bar went in with no issues. I used my stock links, been on for 5k with no issues.
You will need to purchase the bmr rear sway bar brackets to insure the stock ones do not break due to being flimsy.
These bars really keep you in the corners!!!
Spohn sway bars, bbk long tube headers, stainless works muffler deletes, vararam cold air intake, bmr sway bar brackets.
Spohn Tubular Tunnel Brace 1993-02 Camaro V8 Spohn Tunnel Brace
, Date: 4/25/2012
Ownership: 1 day - 1 week
The stock tunnel brace on my Camaro was a joke. Was just a thin piece of stamped steel you can actually bend with your hand. The Spohn tunnel brace really stiffened up the chassis by itself and stopped the majority of "wiggles" associated with convertibles (before I installed the sub-frame connectors which ended all "wiggles"). I recommend this product.
UMI 3-point sub-frame connector (convertible), Spohn tunnel brace, Spohn strut tower bar
Car Parts Often Purchased Together
Other Popular Car Parts
Below are other popular parts other customers have purchased for their Chevrolet Camaro.