UMI Transmission Mounted Adjustable Torque Arm - 1982-02 Camaro V6.
Eliminate unwanted traction problems and transfer your power to the wheels by adding a UMI Performance adjustable torque arm. This aftermarket torque arm replaces the flimsy weak stock torque arm adding strength, rigidity and eliminating flex. This tubular torque arm bolts directly in place of the factory unit using existing mounting holes and requires no drilling or welding, it is a direct bolt-on. The torque arm is designed to eliminate wheel hop under hard acceleration and reduces 60-foot times instantly. This tubular set-up is supplied with a low deflection Energy Suspension front bushing designed to replace the stock rubber bushing and bolts in the existing clamshell. The rear torque arm mount is constructed entirely of 0.375” thick CNC machined mild steel and is fully MIG welded. This set-up features on-car adjustability for easy pinion angle adjustments using a 4140 Heat treated adjuster and ¾” QA1 Rod ends, truly the ultimate arm on the market at the most affordable price! Fits GM 10-Bolt rear-ends, Moser and Strange 12-Bolts as well as most 9” housings.
Torque Arm Benefits:
- Eliminates wheel hop and solves traction problems
- Reduces front end nose dive during braking
- Solid construction prevents breakage and reduces down time
- Polyurethane bushing eliminates deflection
- Bolt-on design requires no welding or drilling!
- Allows for on-car pinion angle adjustments
Note: 1982-1984 models require purchase of a 1985 or newer clamshell mount.
- Constructed of 1.250” x 0.120” DOM Seamless Steel Tubing
- All Mounting plates are CNC Machined to insure hole to hole accuracy
- On-Car Adjuster Built using 4140 Chrome Moly Steel and Heat Treated for Maximum Strength
- Rear Mounting Plates use 0.375” Thick Mild Steel and are designed to fit Stock as well as 12- Bolt and 9” Rear-End Housings.
- Complete arm Features MIG welding to insure strength
- Brilliant Durable Powder Coat
- Rear Mounts feature Solid QA1 ¾” Rod Ends and are attached using Grade 8 Hardware
Chrome Moly- Chrome Moly version uses 1.250 x 0.095 4130 Chrome Moly steel feature 100% TIG welded process. This adds increased strength and reduces product weight.
Rear Torque Arm Hardware Kit- We highly recommend purchasing a new hardware kit if running this torque arm on a stock rear, Strange or other similar rear-ends that use a straight through bolt design. OEM torque arm bolts will work however are slightly too short and may not fit correctly. If you are running a Moser Engineering 12-Bolt rear-end this kit is not needed, you must reuse hardware supplied by Moser Engineering, kit will work on Moser 9.
- 1982 - 2002 Chevrolet Camaro
- 1982 - 2002 Pontiac Firebird